carboncreditz Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms of Website Use & Conditions of Purchase and the carboncreditz rules) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is carboncreditz Limited of Pennyroyal Court, Station Road, Tring, Hertfordshire HP23 5QY.
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website www.carboncreditz.org. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion through our Website and when you report a problem with our Website.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to our Website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access.
2. IP addresses and cookies We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our Website.
3. Links From Our Website
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the Websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these Websites, please note that these Websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these Websites.
4. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the registration form.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
6. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• To our appointed third party agents in order to process your order, for example, to courier companies who deliver goods to you on our behalf. These third parties will only have access to your information in order for them to perform specific tasks related to your order and they may not use it for any other purposes.
• If we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal data and /or user information.
7. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at our offices.
8. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You can Contact Us by any of the methods set out on the Contact Us page of our Website. We may record calls to check the quality of our services or for training, audit or security purposes
Registration with carboncreditz
2. You can register with the carboncreditz programme ("carboncreditz") by registering your details online and then can then earn carboncreditz in a number of different ways. We may refuse an application for registration for any good reason.
3. By registering with us you warrant that:
(a) you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
(b) you are at least 16 years old;
(c) the information that you have provided on the registration form is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects and that you will notify us of any changes to your personal data; and
(d) you are a resident of the United Kingdom or Northern Ireland.
4. Once you have completed and submitted your registration form, you will receive an email confirming your username and password. We will set up a carboncreditz Account to record carboncreditz earned or spent by you. You will need to change your password when you log into on to your carboncreditz Account for the first time.
5. Please not that it is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your security information. You must not disclose it to any other third party. If you believe that your security details have been compromised, you should contact us as soon as possible and (subject to security checks) we will reset your details for you.
6. You can earn carboncreditz in the following ways:
6.1 By entering codes from on pack promotions run by our participating partners;
6.2 By entering codes from off pack promotions run by our participating partners; and
6.3 By making purchases with our participating Affiliates.
7. On Pack and Off Pack Promotions
7.1 When you purchase certain products from our participating partners, you will find a Code either on the packaging or will be provided with a code by the participating partner for larger goods. You can log on to the Website and follow the online instructions.
7.2 Once you have entered your Code, your carboncreditz Account will be updated with the corresponding number of carboncreditz for you to spend.
7.3 Please note that each Code can only be used once to credit your carboncreditz Account.
8. Purchase of goods from third party Affiliates.
8.1 We have third party Affiliates through whom you can earn carboncreditz. For the avoidance of doubt carboncreditz cannot be spent with third part Affiliates, they can only be earned in this way.
8.2 Please note that when you click on one of our third party Affiliates, you will be re-routed to the third party Affiliate’s website and will leave our Website. We have no control over the websites of our third party Affiliates or the contents thereof. We accept no responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. Any transactions or contracts that you enter into on such third party websites are subject to the terms and conditions thereof.
8.3 In addition, we cannot and do not give any undertaking that the products you purchase from our third party Affiliates will be of satisfactory quality and any such warranties are disclaimed by us absolutely. This disclaimer does not affect your statutory rights against the third part Affiliate.
8.4 Once you have ordered a product or service from our third party Affiliate, you will receive a notice on your carboncreditz Account confirming the number of carboncreditz to be credited to your carboncreditz Account. carboncreditz will not actually be credited to your carboncreditz Account immediately and this could take up to 28 days.
8.5 Once your carboncreditz Account has been updated with the carboncreditz earned, you will be able to spend these.
8.6 If you decide to return a product that you have purchased from our third party Affiliates for any reason, the carboncreditz that you earned from the purchase will be deducted from your carboncreditz Account.
9. Investing your carboncreditz in carbon offsetting projects through our offset partners
9.1 All carbon offset projects are subject to availability and may be changed or discontinued from time to time at our sole discretion.
9.2 To invest your carboncreditz in an offsetting project, follow the online instructions. Please note that only whole tonnes of carbon can be offset via these schemes. It is not possible to offset a portion of tonne.
9.3 Please refer to our Terms and Condition of Purchase for the terms and conditions governing cancellation and refunding of carboncreditz.
10. Shopping for energy efficient products on our online carbon neutral shopping mall
10.1 You can purchase energy efficient products using your carboncreditz from our online shopping mall by following the online instructions.
10.2 Please refer to our Terms and Condition of Purchase for the terms and conditions governing return of products, cancellation and refunding of carboncreditz.
11. Transferring your carboncreditz to another carboncreditz account holder
11.1 You can transfer your carboncreditz to another carboncreditz Account holder as set out in these Rules.
11.2 In order to transfer carboncreditz, you must follow the online instructions. Please note that you are required to have the number of the carboncreditz Account to which you want to transfer carboncreditz. In addition, in order to receive the transferred carboncreditz, the relevant carboncreditz Account must have activated the appropriate application.
11.3 Once you have sent the transfer request, a message will be sent to the relevant carboncreditz Account holder advising them that you wish to transfer carboncreditz to them. Note that the transfer will only take place if (a) the relevant carboncreditz Account holder has activated the transfer application on their account and (b) if they confirm that they wish to accept the transferred carboncreditz. Please note that a carboncreditz Account holder can refuse to accept transferred carboncreditz at their sole discretion.
12. carboncreditz have no cash value.
13. carboncreditz have no expiry date but are lost if the relevant carboncreditz Account is closed or the carboncreditz programme ends.
14. Redeemed carboncreditz cannot be used again. If a transaction on which carboncreditz are issued or redeemed is cancelled, reversed or not completed, we will reverse the associated carboncreditz movement in accordance with these Rules and our and Condition of Purchase . If insufficient carboncreditz are available, or we suspect fraud or misconduct, your carboncreditz Account may be terminated or cancelled.
15. You will get a regular update of the carboncreditz position as we know it on the date we issue the update in respect of you carboncreditz Account including the carboncreditz collected and redeemed by such you on your carboncreditz Account. You can also obtain details of your Account information by Contacting Us .
16. We will correct a carboncreditz Account if it is shown to our reasonable satisfaction to be wrong but, unless there are clear records showing this, our decision is final.
17. carboncreditz can only be earned, held, transferred or redeemed as set out in these Rules. Any other use, award, sale, exchange or transfer of Points, or attempt to do so, is a serious breach of these Rules. Any carboncreditz not earned and held in accordance with these Rules will be invalid and cannot be redeemed. Any such carboncreditz on a carboncreditz Account will be deducted and, if they are redeemed for some reason, we will cancel the relevant transactions and we may take other appropriate action (legal or otherwise).
18. We may close your carboncreditz Account on which no carboncreditz have been earned or redeemed for a continuous period of at least 12 months. You can close your carboncreditz Account at any time by notifying us.
20. You can Contact Us by any of the methods set out on the Contact Us page of our Website. We may record calls to check the quality of our services or for training, audit or security purposes